If you’re from Egypt, an expat living in Egypt, or an Egyptian immigrant living overseas, you can easily make voice and video calls from Egypt or to people living in Egypt using the free calling app, Pinngle Messenger.
How to make free international calls in or to Egypt
- Download Pinngle Messenger for Android or iOS
- Register and verify your number
- Enjoy high-quality voice and video calls with your contacts
The History behind Pinngle Messenger
Pinngle Messenger was founded in 2016 by a telecommunication expert who noticed a huge gap in our modern-day communications. A gap that could threaten peoples’ ability to communicate easily, authentically and freely. Together with a group of international telecommunication experts, the app was created to bring honesty and worldwide accessibility back to our modern-day communications. Unlike the rest of the popular messaging apps, Pinngle Messenger allows you to make free and secure voice and video calls to anyone and anywhere in the world. The calling app has over 3 million active users from all around the world with a strong userbase in the Middle East and the United States.
Statistics of Egyptian Immigrants living overseas
Egypt is the most populous country in the Arab World. After Nigeria and Ethiopia, Egypt is the third most populous country in Africa. It is estimated that the population of Egypt in 2019 reached 100.39 million which made it rank the 14th most populous country in the world.
Egypt is the largest regional provider of migrant labor to the Middle East. As of 2017, Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) announced that there are 9.5 million Egyptians immigrants living outside Egypt. Around 6.2 million expatriates live in the Middle East while 1.6 million are located in North and South America, 1.2 million are in Europe and 340,000 in Australia. According to (CAPMAS) Saudi Arabia hosts 2.9 million workers, 1.6 million in Jordan, 765,000 in the UAE, 500,000 in Kuwait and 230,000 in Qatar.
Media and Internet censorship in Egypt
Since 2017, the Egyptian government has blocked 60 websites in which most of them are news-related sites. News websites, newspapers, online publishing platforms, websites of political and youth groups, VPN services, and online proxy websites are among the 60 websites blocked in Egypt. Al Boursa-news, a prominent financial newspaper is currently blocked in Egypt. Satellite channels such as Al Jazeera Media Network is also banned for political reasons. All websites that provide anti-censorship solutions such as VPNs and proxies are also banned. Lastly, Whatsapp voice and video calls are also among the VoIP apps that are banned in Egypt.
Why is Whatsapp calls blocked in Egypt?
In 2017 after the terrorist attacks on Palm Sunday that killed 47 people, the government decided to ban voice and video calls made over VoIP and messaging apps such as Whatsapp. However, just like Saudi Arabia and the UAE, another reason behind this ban on free voice and video call apps is to protect the commercial interests of telecommunication companies such as Vodafone, Mobinil, and Etisalat.
Why VPNs are NOT safe to use in Egypt
Many people use VPNs to hide their IP address for safety and security reasons. However, not all VPN service providers are reliable. Some VPN service provides, mostly the free ones are able to track your online activities. Besides, as mentioned previously, the Egyptian government has blocked all websites that provide anti-censorship solutions (VPNs and Proxy service providers). Moreover, just recently, President Sisi has signed into law the Anti-Cyber and Information Technology Crimes legislation. The law basically entitles that people who attempt to access blocked websites even by using VPNs could be sentenced in jail to 1 year or a fine of up to EGP100,000.
Calling apps blocked in Egypt
Side note: Some claim that Whatsapp calls work when you are connected to fast internet.
Which calling apps work in Egypt?
Viber, Facebook Messenger, and Line are among the calling apps that work in Egypt. However, since Egypt is among the countries with the slowest and worst internet, the only calling app that will work perfectly well when you’re connected to poor or slow WiFi is Pinngle Safe Messenger.
Pinngle Safe Messenger – Free online voice calls to Egypt
Pinngle Safe Messenger is a free messaging app that allows you to make high-quality voice and video calls with full privacy and total security and accessibility. Pinngle Safe Messenger has already been Egypt’s favorite calling app. Thousands of users residing in Egypt are preferring to make voice and video call with this messaging app because of its ability to operate well on slow or poor internet.
Pinngle Messenger’s Values and Features
1. People come first
- Protects your information by using end-to-end encryption
- Your data and information are safe with Pinngle. The app does not sell your information or data to third parties
- Built with a serverless architecture which makes it impossible to store users’ data.
2. A borderless world is a better world
- Works literally in every country
- Functions well on poor internet, including 2G networks, slow Wi-Fi speeds, and crowded WiFi networks
- Developed with an anti-block technology, which means state agencies cannot block or filter the app.
- Offers cheap and affordable Virtual numbers to get a mobile or local landline number of another country
3. Communication is essential
- High quality and crystal clear voice and video calls
- Call-back feature to make calls with almost no internet connection
- Share files up to any size or format
- Add 50,000 members to your group chats
4. Be fearless and authentic
- Total privacy and security to express yourself with no worries
- Pinngle Public Channels for broadcasting any type of content with your followers
5. Do more with less
- Doesn’t take up a lot of storage space on your phone
- Saves your battery life by up to 40%
- Offers the lowest data usage when making calls