Mobile phones develop and evolve incredibly fast which explains why nowadays everyone has their eyes and hands glued to their mobile devices instead of their computers or PCs. Lets admit it. We are all addicited to our phones and are always using them , whether we are at home, work, bed, or even in the car. As a result, this behaivor is paving the way for mobile app industry to thrive. There are now millions of different mobile apps in the market, one of which are the messaging apps with billions of daily active users. And of course, all this wouldn’t be possible without the growth of the internet and high technologies. As we are still in the begining of the year, here are some intresting statistics about messaging apps and mobile phones as of 2020.
Mobile Phone Statists
- There are 5.19 billion unique mobile phone users in the world today, according to the latest data from GSMA Intelligence. The total number of unique mobile users around the world grew by 124 million in the past 12 months.
- According to Statista, the current number of smartphone users in the world today is 3.5 billion, and this means 45.12% of the world’s population owns a smartphone.
- According to GSMA real-time intelligence data, there are now over 9.42 Billion mobile connections worldwide, which surpasses the current world population of 7.75 Billion implied by UN digital analyst estimates. This data means there are 1.6 billion more mobile connections than people worldwide.
- The Apple App Store has 2.2 million apps available for download. There are 2.8 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store.
- 98% of app revenue worldwide comes from free apps
- China is leading with the most physical smartphone users at 851 million only due to population size, with 59.9% market penetration. Lowest number of users: Switzerland has the lowest number of smartphone users at 6.2 million, with 72.9% market penetration.
- 49% of people open an app 11+ times each day.
- 57% of all digital media usage comes from mobile apps.
- 40% of online transactions are done using a mobile device. According to quoracreative.
Messaging apps statistics
- Around 2.9 billion people now use Messenger and WhatsApp.
- The top 3 apps WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat combine together more than 4 billion active monthly users – According to Messengerpeople.
- Statista’s Mobile messaging apps statistics from 2019 tell us that 41 million messages are sent out every minute. It’s no wonder messaging apps are growing at such a rapid speed.
- 2.52 billion people use messaging apps on mobile. This number is expected to reach 3 billion in 2022
- Messaging apps users statistics from the Business Insider Messaging Apps Report tell us that these apps now have 20% more active monthly users than social networks.
- Facebook’s most recent reports show that its messaging platform, Messenger, has a reach of over 1.2 billion people.
- Messenger is by far the most popular messaging app in the USA with 107.87 million users.
- There are only 25 countries in the world where WhatsApp is not the market leader.
- According to Statista, the number of SMS messages sent in the United States peaked in 2011. During that year, 2.3 trillion SMS messages were sent. In the following years, the popularity of SMS has dwindled, and was at 1.6 trillion in 2016.
- Consumer tech and media studies have found that 36% of consumers using messaging apps are using two or more of them on their phones. More specifically, 20% of these consumers are using 2 messaging apps and 16% are using 3 or more. The majority — 64% — of consumers use at least one messaging app.
- At least 3 billion snaps are created every day on snapchat.
- The Wall Street Journal research predicts that by 2020, the average revenue generated per user through messaging apps will be more than $15. The Chinese competitor WeChat is expected to generate $15.64 ,while Facebook is estimated to earn around $5 per user.
As you can tell , instant messaging (IM) apps are surging in popularity. More and more people are choosing to communicate with their family, friends, and colleagues through messengers. Messaging and calling apps are viewed as a highly convenient means of communication, which provides users with easy and affordable opportunities to always keep in touch.
Although the above mention messaging apps have millions of users, most of them are not safe to use. Consider using messaging apps such as Pinngle Messneger. Pinngle cares about your online privacy and data protection through its encryption across all its platforms. Pinngle never stores any data on its servers. Moreover, the IM app enables you to connect with others fast. Calls made via Pinngle are extremely cheap. The application is developed for both Android and iOS devices. What is more, VoIP blocked countries aren’t a problem for Pinngle. The reception quality of the app is good even in 2G and the app can work even with overloaded WiFi. Pinngle works even with the poorest Internet. For slow Internet, you can use its “Callback” option. Importantly, Pinngle offers low data usage both for calling and messaging.
Follow the latest trends of the mobile market and choose a great messaging app like Pinngle to always stay in touch with your family, friends, and colleagues.