There is no doubt that messaging apps these days are revolutionizing the way people communicate. Messaging apps are indeed playing an immense role by making communication more affordable and effective to the public. As a result, the number of people using messaging apps continues to increase and grow thanks to free or cheaper services and practical features each messaging app offers.
Both the most popular instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat, Viber, and those that have recently emerged on the market like Pinngle, serve the purpose of providing easy and affordable communication to users in every corner of the world.
When it comes to the number of messaging app users worldwide, according to Statista, in 2019, 2.18 billion phone users accessed over-the-top messaging apps to connect with others. The number is expected to reach 2.48 billion in 2021.
Let’s have a look at the most popular messaging apps and compare them to Pinngle Safe Messenger.
The Most Popular Messaging App as of July 2019 – WhatsApp
As of July 2019, 1.6 billion users were accessing the WhatsApp messenger on a monthly basis. The app’s reach is usage penetration is particularly strong in markets outside of the United States and it is one of the most popular mobile social apps worldwide.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that uses the Internet to transmit messages. WhatsApp is a cheap alternative to carrier-billed text messaging via SMS, especially for international or group messaging. The app is available both for Android and iOS.
Using the most popular messaging app, you can enjoy:
- Simple and Reliable Messaging – You can message your friends and family for free (data charges may apply)
- Group Chats – Share messages, photos, videos with up to 256 people at once
- Web and Desktop – Seamlessly synchronize all of your chats to your computer
- Voice Calls – Talk to your family, friends, and colleagues for free (data charges may apply)
- Video Calls – Use free (data charges may apply) video calls to enjoy face-to-face communication
- -Data Encryption – Only you and the person you’re communicating with can get access to your texts and calls
- Photo and Video Sharing – You can send photos and videos instantly and capture the best moments in your life with a built-in camera
- Fast Operation – A slow Internet connection isn’t a problem
- Document Sharing – You can send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows, and more. Documents can be sent up to 16M.
- Voice Messages – You can easily record a voice message and send it to your family, friends, or colleagues.
- A Great Variety of Emojis – You can enrich your messages by nice and interesting emojis
Other Popular Messaging and Calling Apps
Messenger is a great way to instantly connect with your family and friends. This is a free messaging app using which you can know when your messages are delivered and seen. FB Messenger offers voice and video calls, lets you send photos and videos instantly, send a map of any location, enrich your messages with stickers, send voice messages, send money securely and easily, start group chats, and more.
WeChat allows you to easily connect with your family and friends across countries. This is an all-in-one messaging app that is great for texting, voice and video calls, photo sharing, games, group chats and calls.WeChat offers a rich sticker gallery, privacy protection, real-time location sharing, friend finder, and other great features.
Viber allows you to connect with millions of people worldwide, write text messages, call, chat and share with them anywhere. The app is great for voice calls and live video chats. Its group chats can include up to 250 people. You can also enjoy instant video messages, secure communication, and a rich sticker store. You can delete your text or voice messages even if they’ve already been sent. The app also offers a Hidden Chats feature, and more.
Pinngle Vs the Most Popular Messaging Apps
Pinngle is a free messenger app connecting users across the world with instant messaging, voice calls, and video chat. Pinngle Messenger was created to bring honesty and worldwide accessibility back to our modern-day communications. The app has over three million users, with a strong user base in the Middle East and East Asia, and increasing popularity in the US. Besides offering free voice and video calls, Pinngle has various features that makes it stand out among other messaging and calling apps.
- Lower Data Usage – Using Pinngle, you can enjoy lower data usage on messages and calls
- Cheaper Services via Pinngle-Out – You can make highly affordable calls to those who don’t use Pinngle
- Virtual Numbers – You can get local phone numbers in multiple countries through virtual numbers
- Slowest Internet Connection Isn’t a Problem – Pinngle works even with the poorest Internet connection
- Pinngle Public Channels – Broadcasting tool that allows you to share content among your followers.
- Good Reception Quality even with 2G and overloaded WiFi
- HD Video Calls at 720p Resolution
- Free Voice and Video Calls – Pinngle users can enjoy free voice and video calls
- Group Chats
- Data encryption – Pinngle encrypts all your data, messages and calls using this system of communication. Pinngle is also serverless, meaning it doesn’t store your data on its servers.
- Capacity to Operate in VoIP Blocked Countries – Works everywhere even in countries where VoIP calls are blocked.
- Call Forwarding – When changing your main number to a local one in a foreign country, you can use this feature to add and activate the number. Pinngle Out incoming calls to your registered Pinngle number will be forwarded to the activated local number.
- Location Sharing – Share your location with your family and friends
- Limitless File Sharing – Send files without any limit
- File Sharing in Any Format – Format doesn’t matter
- Fun and Interesting Emojis and stickers
Now that we’ve discussed all messaging apps and compared them to Pinngle Safe Messenger, it is your choice to decide whether to consider Pinngle as a great alternative to the most popular chat apps. But if you value privacy, looking for a messaging app that works everywhere, or an app that consumes lower data usage on messages and calls, Pinngle will be the best alternative messaging app for you with no doubt. 😁