Are you from Cuba and looking for a free voice and video calling app? You can try Pinngle Messenger, a free calling app developed to consume minimal data usage.
How to Make Free Calls in or to Cuba
- Download Pinngle Messenger app from App Store or Google Play
- Register and verify your number by SMS or voice call
- Enjoy high-quality voice and video calls with your friends and family
The History Behind Pinngle Messenger
Pinngle messenger was founded in 2016 with an aim to change the way people connect to the better. Together, with a group of multinational experts, Pinngle messenger was developed to become accessible for everyone with total privacy and security. Today, Pinngle Messenger has millions of users from all over the world with a strong user base in the U.S, Canada, India, UAE, and Saudi Arabia. Pinngle Messenger is now striving to become the most dependable messaging service worldwide.
Internet and Telecommunications in Cuba
Internet Restrictions in Cuba
The Internet in Cuba is very limited. Cuba has been listed as an “Internet Enemy” by Reporters Without Borders and “not free” by Freedom House. Did you know the internet in Cuba is only available in government-controlled areas? That being said, getting internet access from home is almost impossible for Cubans. There are currently 725 locations where you can access the internet in Cuba. Those areas are mainly in hotels, internet cafes, or parks and are all being monitored by the government. According to the World Bank, ” Only around 37 percent of the country’s 11 million people get online”, and the only possible way is by ETECSA, the state-owned telecommunication company.
Telecommunication and ETECSA’s (Cubacel) Dominance in Cuba
To get internet access in Cuba, residents buy scratch-off cards to stay connected.
The scratch-off cards, also known as NAUTA card, allows you to have internet access at public Wi-Fi hotspots. Earlier this year, the state-owned telecommunication company ETECSA has finally launched its new service “Cubacel” that provides 3G networks. However, using a 3G network is not very common for average Cuban residents. The price to subscribe is almost close to Cuba’s average salary.
Calling Apps in Cuba
Unlike other countries where VoIP apps are blocked, Cubans have full access to calling apps. However, data usage is a huge concern in Cuba. Since the country has a poor internet infrastructure, Cubans always aim for apps that consume less data usage. This explains why popular calling apps such as Viber and WhatsApp aren’t much in use among Cubans. Besides, the internet in Cuba is very expensive. The only way to lower the cost of internet fees is through apps with low data usage. This way, Cuban residents get to spend less money and spend more time surfing the internet.
Here’s a list of calling apps with high data usage:
Pinngle Messenger- The Only Free Calling app in Cuba that Consumes Less Data Usage
While other calling apps consume a lot of data, Pinngle Messenger is the only messaging app with the least data consumption. Pinngle Messenger allows you to communicate freely in Cuba with high-quality voice and video calls. Moreover, with its ability to consume less data usage, Pinngle Messenger will allow you to spend less on communication costs and more time on your voice and video calls.
Pinngle Messenger’s Values and Features
Below you can find additional information about Pinngle’s values along with its distinctive features.
1. People come first
- Protects your data to the fullest with its end-to-end encryption methods
- Does not save or sell your information to third parties
- It has a serverless architecture which makes it impossible to store users’ data.
2. A borderless world is a better world
- Operates in every corner of the world
- Functions well on poor internet, including 2G networks and slow Wi-Fi speeds
- Developed with an anti-block technology, which means state agencies cannot block or filter Pinngle Messenger.
- Offers affordable Virtual numbers
3. Communication is essential
- High-quality voice calls and HD video calls
- Call-back feature to make offline calls
- File sharing up to any size or format
- Inviting up to 50,000 members to your group chats
4. Be fearless and authentic
- Total privacy and security
- Share your content with millions of users on Pinngle Public Channel
5. Do more with less
- Compact and lite on your phone
- Consumes less battery and saves 40% of your battery’s life
- Low data usage for more efficient use
Do More with Less on Pinngle Messenger
The best way to save money and spend more time talking with your loved ones is through Pinngle Messenger. Pinngle is a secure and accessible messaging app designed to deliver high call quality calls at minimal data usage. Download the app now to enjoy unlimited calls with your loved ones.