It’s a common knowledge that messaging apps are surging in popularity all over the world. The number of people using messaging apps is growing worldwide with rapid advances, and the number of messaging apps appearing on the modern mobile app market is increasing as well.
Both the most popular instant messaging (IM) apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat, Viber, and those that have recently emerged on the market like Pinngle, serve the purpose of providing easy and affordable communication to users in every corner of the world.
When it comes to the number of messaging app users worldwide, according to Statista, in 2016, 1.58 billion phone users accessed over-the-top messaging apps to connect with others. The number is expected to reach 2.48 billion in 2021.
The Most Popular Messaging App as of July 2017 – WhatsApp
As of July 2017, WhatsApp had more than 1.3 billion monthly active users (MAU). This is up from over 1 billion monthly active users in February 2016. In the US, the WhatsApp audience accounted for 18.8 million users in 2016 and is projected to reach 25.6 million users in 2021.
The most popular messenger app is especially strong in markets outside of the US. Social network Facebook acquired WhatsApp in February 2014 for 19 billion US dollars.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that uses the Internet to transmit messages. WhatsApp is a cheap alternative to carrier-billed text messaging via SMS, especially for international or group messaging. The app is available both for Android and iOS.
Using the most popular messaging app, you can enjoy:
- Simple and Reliable Messaging – You can message your friends and family for free (data charges may apply)
- Group Chats – Share messages, photos, videos with up to 256 people at once
- WhatsApp on Web and Desktop – Seamlessly synchronize all of your chats to your computer
- Voice Calls – Talk to your family, friends, and colleagues for free (data charges may apply)
- Video Calls – Use free (data charges may apply) video calls to enjoy face-to-face communication
- End-to-End Encryption – Only you and the person you’re communicating with (not even WhatsApp) can get access to your texts and calls on WhatsApp
- Photo and Video Sharing – You can send photos and videos instantly and capture the best moments in your life with a built-in camera
- Fast Operation – A slow Internet connection isn’t a problem
- Document Sharing – You can send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows, and more. Documents can be sent up to 100M.
- Voice Messages – You can easily record a voice message and send it to your family, friends, or colleagues.
- A Great Variety of Emojis – You can enrich your messages by nice and interesting emojis
Pinngle Vs the Most Popular Messaging App – WhatsApp
Pinngle is a new popular messaging app that appeared on the modern mobile app market in October 2016. This free messenger was developed by Zigma Telecom SIA and was meant to enable users to enjoy higher quality and cheaper communication with family, friends, and colleagues. The app is available both for Android and iOS.
Pinngle is a free cross-platform instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) mobile application. Like with other instant messaging apps, Pinngle-to-Pinngle communication is free. Pinngle comes with several advantages and a number of striking features that make it a better choice for those interested in mobile messaging apps. What are these advantages and great features?
- Lower Data Usage – Using Pinngle, you can enjoy lower data usage on messages and calls
- Cheaper Services via Pinngle-Out – You can make highly affordable calls to those who don’t use Pinngle
- Slowest Internet Connection Isn’t a Problem – Pinngle works even with the poorest Internet connection
- Public Channels – These are open to everyone
- More Reliable Voice Calls
- Good Reception Quality even with 2G and overloaded WiFi
- HD Video Calls at 720p Resolution
- Fast Services
- Free Voice and Video Calls – Pinngle users can enjoy free voice and video calls
- Group Chats
- End-to-End Encryption – Your privacy is 100% protected on Pinngle as the app uses end-to-end encryption across all its platforms. No data is ever stored on any of its 3 servers. No third party, including Pinngle, can hear your calls or read your messages.
- Capacity to Operate in VoIP Blocked Countries – All you need is to use “Bypass VoIP Blocking” mode
- Call Forwarding – When changing your main number to a local one in a foreign country, you can use this feature to add and activate the number. Pinngle Out incoming calls to your registered Pinngle number will be forwarded to the activated local number.
- Location Sharing – Share your location with your family and friends
- Limitless File Sharing – Send files without any limit
- File Sharing in Any Format – Format doesn’t matter
- Rick Sticker Store
- Fun and Interesting Emojis
As you see, Pinngle is a perfect alternative to the most popular instant messaging app, WhatsApp. Choose a fine messaging app like Pinngle to always keep in touch with your family, friends, and colleagues.
What popular messaging app do you use? Feel free to share your comments with us below.