Mobile phones go on developing and evolving incredibly fast. Mobile phone companies don’t stop offering innovative mobile phone feature to users, thus making mobile phones inextricably linked to our everyday work and life. As a result, mobile messaging apps are on the rise. Of course, this wouldn’t be possible without the growth of the Internet and high technologies.
- According to Statista, the number of smartphone users worldwide was projected to reach 2.1 billion in 2016, and this number is expected to exceed 2.5 billion by 2019, with the smartphone penetration rate growing as well. More than 36% of the world’s population is anticipated to use a smartphone by 2018. This is up from nearly 10% in 2011.
- China leads the smartphone industry. The number of smartphone users in China is expected to increase from nearly million in 2016 to almost 675 million in 2019.
- According to Statista, the number of smartphone users in the US, another important market for the smartphone industry, is projected to grow from around 223 million to 247.5 million by 2019.
- Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS and the 2 most popular smartphone operating systems in the industry. In 2016, almost 1.5 million smartphones with either Android or iOS operating systems were sold to end users across the globe.
- According to Business Insider, messaging apps are now 20% more popular than social media networks in terms of monthly active users.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, 36% of consumers using messaging apps use at least 2 other apps. Specifically, 20% of these consumers are using 2 messaging apps and 16% are using 3 or more. 64% of consumers are using at least 1 messaging app.
- According to MediaKix, by 2020, the average revenue from messaging apps is anticipated to be more than $15 per user, driven mainly by chatbots.
- Based on data provided by comScore, the average American adult (18+) devotes 2 hours, 51 minutes from his/her time to his/her smartphone every day.
- According to ValueCoders, adults aged 25+ use their smartphones about 264 times a day, including calling and texting. People aged 15-24, use their smartphones 387 times a day.
- Deloitte reports, in 2016, instant messaging and texting were the 1st thing 35% of US consumers checked in the morning, which is up 29% in 2014.
- Taking into account the number of monthly active users, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app worldwide, according to Statista.
- Traffic from mobile devices will represent ⅔ of all global Internet traffic by 2020, according to Cisco.
- According to Marketing Land, mobile advertising will account for 72% of all US digital ad spending by 2019.
- By 2018, 8 in 10 email users will likely to access their email accounts via their mobile devices, according to EmailMonday.
As it was already mentioned above, instant messaging (IM) apps are surging in popularity. More and more people are choosing to communicate with their family, friends, and colleagues through messengers. Messaging and calling apps are viewed as a highly convenient means of communication, which provides users with easy and affordable opportunities to always keep in touch.
Consider using Pinngle, one of the best messaging and calling apps offered by today’s mobile app market. Pinngle was developed by Zigma Telecom SIA in October 2016 and soon became the preferred choice for nearly 5 million people worldwide. Pinngle boasts a number of striking features that you can use to easily and affordably connect with those who you care about most.
Pinngle cares about your online privacy and data protection through end-to-end encryption across all its platforms. Pinngle never stores any data on its servers. Moreover, the IM app enables you to connect with others fast. Calls made via Pinngle are extremely cheap. The application is developed for both Android and iOS devices. What is more, VoIP blocked countries aren’t a problem for Pinngle. The reception quality of the app is good even in 2G and the app can work even with overloaded WiFi. Pinngle works even with the poorest Internet. For slow Internet, you can use its “Callback” option. Importantly, Pinngle offers low data usage both for calling and messaging.
Follow the latest trends of the mobile market and choose a great messaging app like Pinngle to always stay in touch with your family, friends, and colleagues.